The topic of this Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet.
OK, first off, people, go the fuck to the library.
Now, that’s out of the way. Of course, being a book lover, there are some books I just have to own. Almost all books I read through the library first, but I do have some insta-buy authors and books I just want to have all to myself. Most of these, alas, aren’t out yet. The rest I’m waiting for paperbacks or affordable ebooks. (I know, I know, I’m the worst, but I absolutely cannot justify spending 10 dollars on an ebook. Unless I get a gift card, it ain’t happening.)
1. David Mitchell- The Bone Clocks
2. N. K. Jemisin- The Fifth Season
3. Marissa Meyer- Cress
4. Tana French- The Secret Place
5. Rainbow Rowell- Fangirl (a few paychecks down the road, I plan to go on a Rainbow Rowell buying spree)
6. Jim C. Hines- Codex Born
7. Jhumpa Lahiri- The Lowland
8. Jeff Vandermeer- Acceptance
9. Justin Cronin- The City of Mirrors
10. George R. R. Martin- The Winds of Winter. (When, George? WHEN?)