The topic of this Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing This Year. Although, I think list is a little late to make it to the North Pole.
1. Neil Clarke (ed.)- Upgraded
I am technically a cyborg now, and I definitely want this anthology of cyborg stories!
2. Simon Garfield- Just My Type: A Book About Fonts
I reallyreallyreallyreally love typefaces.
3. Margaret Atwood- Stone Mattress
I just love Margaret Atwood so much.
5. Dan Jones- The Wars of the Roses: The Fall of the Plantagenets and the Rise of the Tudors
I will basically read anything about the Wars of the Roses.
6. Patricia Briggs- Shifting Shadows: Stories From the World of Mercy Thompson
The cover is so pretty!
I don’t even drink anymore but I still want this book of literary cocktail recipes. If ever there was a book that had my name stamped on the cover…
8. Melissa Mohr- Holy Sh*t: A Brief History of Swearing
Wait, this is where I should say ‘if ever there was a book that had my name stamped on the cover…’.
9. Kirstin Downey: Isabella: The Warrior Queen
Cause Spain. And the Inquisition. And because baddass lady bios are my favorite type of bios.
10. Kara Cooney- The Woman Who Would Be King: Hatshepsut’s Rise to Power in Ancient Egypt
See above, sub Egypt and pharohs.
All nonfiction or short story collections. Hmm. I guess we can see what I don’t ever actually buy for myself.