The topic of this Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 years.
Some books I get really excited about, only to look back later and have completely forgotten them. I kind of hate when that happens. But some stay close to my heart forever. So here are ten that I think have staying power to become part of my personal canon. I’m going with books I’ve read in the past three years, not necessarily that have been published, since I rarely pay attention to pub dates.
2. Helene Wecker- The Golem and the Jinni
3. Gillian Flynn- Gone Girl (there are a lot of divisive opinions about this novel, but to me the structure and style was revelatory.)
4. Kazuo Ishiguro- The Remains of the Day
5. Tana French- The Likeness (really, all of her books)
6. Adam Johnson- The Orphan Master’s Son
7. Rainbow Rowell- Fangirl (It was tough to pick, so I guess really all of them, but Cath is a protagonist after my own heart and some of the things Rowell says about writing really struck me.
8. Andrew Sean Greer- The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells
9. James McBride- The Good Lord Bird
10. Marissa Meyer- Cress (all the Lunar Chronicles- I really adore that series, but I have a soft spot for Cress and Thorne.)
What books get your votes today?