The topic of this Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Ten Books You Recently Added To Your To-Be-Read List.
Code Name Verity just blew me away and then I saw the synopsis of this book and I was just like…now. Gimme now.
2. Holly Black- The Darkest Part of the Forest
Likewise, I added this one to my TBR the second I finished The Coldest Girl in Coldtown cause holy crap.
3. Y.S. Lee- A Spy in the House
A new-to-me author, I found this title on a list of feminist fiction if I remember correctly and it sounded great.
4. Brett M. Rogers- Classical Traditions in Science Fiction
Found through an excerpt/essay about religion in Battlestar Galactica. How could I not add it to the list?
I need a new crime series, and ones that lead back to World War II and Nazi crimes always catch my interest for some reason.
6. Ken Liu- The Grace of Kings
This one’s a no-brainer.
7. Rob Dunn- The Man Who Touched His Own Heart
I obviously have a very personal interest in heart surgery, and this history is either going to fascinate me or reduce me to a panic-attack-puddle. We’ll see.
8. Roxane Gay- An Untamed State
I really, really, really still need to read Bad Feminist, but I am also interested in reading this novel.
9. Rashad Harrison- The Abduction of Smith and Smith
A former slave and his former master’s son are shanghaied. This sounds all kinds of interesting.
10. Kate Bolick- Spinster: Making a Life of One’s Own
Someone close to me recently called me a spinster, and I almost hit him, because he definitely meant it derogatorily. I have a feeling this is a book I will be pushing on everyone soon.