The topic of this Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Ten Authors I REALLY Want To Meet.
The correct answer to this is: none. I do not do well with meeting my heroes. In fact, meeting regular, everyday strangers, something I am spectacularly un-good at? A cake walk compared to meeting someone I admire. But, if I was a normally social person, capable of articulating actual human words in the presence of people I admire? Then these are the people I’d love to meet.
1. Lynn Flewelling- she’s been one of my favorite writers since I was sixteen, and just seems like an all-around nice person.
2. N.K. Jemisin- I am obsessed with the worlds she creates.
3. John Scalzi- I was at a reading of his last year but I missed my chance at the signing line. But he is the guest of honor at a con I’m going to later this month, so perhaps I will get another chance.
4. Dan Chaon- my college writing professor was always talking about how great Dan Chaon is, to the point where I feel like I’ve already met him.
5. Bill Bryson- Bill Bryson could talk about tax code and it would be hysterical. I’d love to meet him.
6. Tana French- I’m in awe of her writing style.
7. Rainbow Rowell- Rowell seems like such a fun person, probably 75% of which comes down to the fact that her name is Rainbow.
8. David Mitchell- teach me how to use words, please.
9. Courtney Milan- and then I would completely geek out.
10. Margaret Atwood- and then I would be struck dead.